C-7 Home Page
Products & Services
Accessories and Options
Mount Control Systems
This instrument was requested by some of the world's most advanced amateurs
who recognize the inherent advantages of a highly corrected, super-sharp
refractive optical system for widefield high-resolution astrophotography.
Astro-Phyiscs will produce only a limited number of these refractors.
180 F7 STARFIRE EDF APO REFRACTOR
- Our 180mm refractor (only 48" long) is an extraordinary and unrivaled accomplishment
- Superb pinpoint images on either 35mm or 6x7cm emulsions
- 4" focuser and 4" field flattener for the ultimate in astrophotography
- Marvelous deep-sky and planetary views
- Reliable oil-spaced design, multi-coated elements results in 97% light transmission
- Very contrasty images at any power
Specifications subject to change without notice.
||Less than 0.01 % focus variation from 405nm to 706nm (r to h
| Clear aperture:
||0.64 arc seconds
||Mufti-layer, overall transmission greater than 97% in peak
||22x to 700x
||White, 8" aluminum tube, baffled, flat black interior,
engraved push-pull lens cell
||4.0" Astro-Physics rack & pinion focuser, 4.5" travel; 2.7",
2" and 1.25" adapters; 2.5"
||1219mm (48") w/ dewcap fully retracted
|Weight with dewcap:
||34 lbs. (15.4kg)
||Wood case with grey vinyl covering, foam-lined interior,
|Case outside dimensions:
||52" x l3" x l3" (132cm x 33cm x 33cm)
|Weight of case:
||25 lbs. (11.4kg)
|35mm prime-focus field:
||1.1 x 1.5 degrees @ f7
|35mm telecompressor field:
||1.5 x 2.1 degrees @ f5.2
|35mm field with 2x Barlow:
||0.5 x 0.8 degrees @ f14
|6x 7cm prime focus field:
||2.7 x 3.2 degrees @ f7
FEATURES OF THE OPTICS
- Very high corrections of spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Visual and photographic focus is identical, eliminating the need for light-absorbing filters
- Well corrected into the infrared so that filters are not needed for CCD photography
- Clear, colorfree glass types result in brighter, more contrasty images
- Stunning lunar/planetary and deep-sky views
- Ideal for 35mm and medium-format deep-sky astrophotography
- High-resolution optics are a good match for fine-grained Technical Pan emulsions
FEATURES OF THE TUBE ASSEMBLY
- Felt-lined dewcap slides over cell for storage
- Fully baffled tube and focuser assures highest contrast
- 2" and 1.25" adapters with brass locking ring, 2.5" extension
- Beautifully machined parts and expertly finished in hard polyurethane paint or black anodized
- Aluminum lens cover to protect against dust
- Sturdy foam-padded carrying case with removeable wheels
ATA Transport/Shipping Case:
The case provided by Astro-Physics with each optical tube assembly is a reasonable balance of economy and performance for routine storage of a telescope in a temperature and humidity controlled environment. However, if you plan for long term storage, or if you intend to ship the telescope by commercial carrier or transport it as check in baggage on an airliner (observing oversize and overweight restrictions) then your peace of mind and telescope will both be better served with a custom engineered solution - an ATA case by Company Seven.
Right: Company Seven ATA Case custom fitted for a Astro-Physics 13cm EDT Apochromat Telescope with 2.7 inch Focuser (65,974 bytes).
Click on image to see enlarged view (215,942 bytes).
These cases are made to order with a variety of customer preference choices, and each is custom fitted to a particular Astro-Physics telescope or mount.
Contents Copyright 1994-2000 Company Seven - All Rights Reserved